View Single Post
Old 02-15-2021, 04:40 AM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Help - small bugs in water bowl?!

First thing I would say is don’t panic over it, if your ham is fine & not showing any signs of skin problems or anything you have time to figure out what’s going, what they might be & how best to deal with it.
I’m still not sure what they might be tbh though, have a look through the cage & see if you can find more without just chucking everything out. If you do find more in the cage then you may well have to do a full clean but check first & keep an eye on things.
I wouldn’t use vinegar & water, it’s hard to get rid of the smell, if you do need to do a deep clean stick to a good pet safe disinfectant, I use the unscented safe4 if I do need disinfectant.
I do freeze all my food, wood, cork, hay etc but have never frozen substrate & I think the chances of having a problem with kaytee clean & cosy really are unlikely so I wouldn’t worry about that.
Do check any natural wooden toys, cork or other natural materials in the cage in case anything has hidden away in there.
Check for any bits of old veg that might have got left in the cage & maybe buried somewhere, the only time I had a bug outbreak in a cage it came from some broccoli I missed for a few days!
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote