View Single Post
Old 02-11-2021, 02:19 AM  
TullamoreDew
Newborn Pup

Default Re: When is the End? The Hardest Decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
How long is the question. It can vary. With our first hamster it was the length of time that finally made me take him to the vets to be helped on his way as he seemed to be dying but didn't actually die and it went on for days and I decided he must be suffering. I think he was actually unconscious when I finally took him but I saw he had a prolapse and was worrying he was suffering.

So yes you will probably know. It sounds like she is still doing hamstery things and our last Syrian was like this right up to the night he died. He would stay in his nest most of the time but came out for his softened food. Then one night didn't take the food and he'd gone.

Look for signs she might be in pain. Ears down all the time. Sitting a bit hunched up. Any signs of suffering as mentioned above like breathing difficulties. Otherwise just keep her comfortable and talk to her now and then.
Its so hard to know- Tully had some scrambled egg last night and crossed to his other bed in the night which is a good sign. My worry is, his back legs walk a bit wide which i worry is an issue with his hips or arthritis and his ears are flat all the time Is this a sign he is in pain? I thought he was just really sleepy! Thanks for your reply- its one of the hardest things to witness
TullamoreDew is offline   Reply With Quote