View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 08:46 AM  
yasmin_the_hamster
Newborn Pup

Default Quiet place for a hamster in an apartment?

Hello,

I know hamsters need a quiet place for a proper sleep, as every living creature does. I also know the place should not be next to electric devices, water sources, kitchen and so on. However, I live in an apartment and I am sure not every one of us hamster owners have a whole house in the countryside with a separate room for their hamster. I would like to ask, how do you ensure that your hamster is not disturbed during the day?

I live in a two room aparment. One room is bedroom and also my office. I have often meetings during the day, so this place is not suitable for my hamster as my voice wakes her up. Second big room is kitchen, bf. ofice and living room, so it is the most noisy room in the apartment. My hamster therefore lives in the hallway. There is of course a proper temperature and it is the least noisy part of the apartment. However I know that sometimes when we go to the hall, we may wake our hamster up. It is just not possible to make the apartment absolutely sound free. Is there something more I can do? Or will she get used to the sounds as she gets older? She is living with us for two months now

Sometimes I am also thinking, if she lives in a hallway and next to it behind the doors is the bathroom, can she be disturbed by the sound of the water? We always close the door and she does not seem to be stressed, but what do I know?

Thank you for all the information.
Tereza
yasmin_the_hamster is offline   Reply With Quote