View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 01:12 PM  
Zedrobber
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Cage/Peer pressure on social media

It's funny I see this topic today because I was just thinking about how I'm in a hamster group on another site (social media) and I find it utterly offputting! If you don't have the most massive tank/cage available, if you don't have minimum 30cm bedding (of a specific type) to tunnel, a natural set up, 3 types of substrate etc then you get shamed and someone will very condescendingly come along to give you helpful "advice" about how you need to upgrade to X cage (usually a detolf) because the one you have (within the minimum specs, generally liked on here like the HH or alaska for example) is terrible for hamsters and you should consider immediately buying another one, also your wheel is too small, your bedding isn't high enough, you need a different hide and what food are you using??? It honestly makes me hesitant to post or share anything on there. At the moment I'm only staying for the odd piece of good advice etc that shows up. Often their recommendations are at odds with this forum, and I know which one I trust more.
Zedrobber is offline   Reply With Quote