View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 10:21 AM  
TullamoreDew
Newborn Pup

Default Re: When is the End? The Hardest Decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
When my beloved Syrian was near the end of his life last October i spent as much time with him as possible just sitting by his cage and gently talking to him.
I wanted him to know that he was not alone and that he was loved right to the end and beyond.
He was wobbly and incontinent and spent nearly all his time asleep in his nest. The last couple of days he didn't get up at all and looked like he was sleeping until he stopped breathing and then he was gone.
There comes a time when living becomes excisting but he is still there so cherish the time you have left with him.

I wouldn't hesitate to have a hamster put to sleep who is suffering and in pain or in danger of facing a traumatic end but if that is not the case and a hamster is just old and slowly fading away i would let nature take its course.

It is a very sad time when they are about to leave us.
This sounds very similar- except for the fact he stumbles out of his bed to wee in his little wee spot. It’s really reassuring to hear of a hamster quite similar. My only worry is that I don’t know if he is in pain but all the while he is sleeping, I think he is ok.

Just out of curiosity- do you remember the time frame much? E.g how long it was from your ham sleeping and wobbling a lot more to eventually passing away?

Thanks for replying
TullamoreDew is offline   Reply With Quote