View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 07:55 AM  
LunaTheHamster1
Cosmic Hamsters

Default Re: Cage/Peer pressure on social media

i think we should start using the phrase ratagram and see if we can get it to take off big time

I think there is a lot of cage showing off in hamstergram. Which is fine, each to their own. But boy some of those cages must be a hassle to clean - or they don't get cleaned (if big enough not a problem) but people that then copy with smaller versions won't necessarily know that.

I did a post the other day about my hamster care just 2-3 years ago v now and I got so much feedback from that. Everyone was like thanks for sharing and being honest. It was a reminder to me to always try and see things from/with a beginners mind. If someone just looked at my hamster cage setup now, they wouldn't know it took me 2-3 years to get to this stage. People forget everyone has to start somewhere, plus not everyone has money to buy every single thing for their hamsters. Which is why I love recycling. You can give your hamster a great life with just recycled products. I am sure my cage care/setup will progress in the next 2-3 years. In my opinion you just can't expect people starting out with hamsters to know everything and have massive fantastical setups straight away.

Sadly large accounts don't equate to good hamster care. But then that's where things go toxic in the hamster world, people will then go after them and that's just going to get peoples backs up and doesn't help the hamsters.

I can't keep up with Tic Tok that's for sure- left that one alone. I went on for about 1 sec and came off. I just plod away on IG and do my own thing