View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 06:24 AM  
LunaTheHamster1
Cosmic Hamsters

Default Re: Cage/Peer pressure on social media

Aww bless you Amethyst.

I love the phrase 'keep your eyes on your own Yoga mat'. Helps me a lot.
I also try to lead by example and if people want to follow that's all good and if they don't that's good too.

I do get what you mean though, I was following someone with a guinea pig channel and they had bumble foot and were fighting each other etc and she wouldn't listen to quite a few of us, so I asked Scotty from Scotty Animals to step in as he had a bigger YouTube following and she listened to him.

The other funny thing is I follow someone that doesn't like the information provided on hamster forums (thinks we are outdated and don't back up our advice/claims with research etc). I like her posts, I think they are well researched, I don't necessarily agree with everything she says though. But I just want to say to her I think the forums are great and help so many people and at times when they and their hamsters are in need. Think of how many hamsters out there are having abetter life because of advice given on here.

To be honest, having a large following on social media comes with issues too. You can get bombarded with hate and people questioning everything you do even if what you do is right. I don't think it is ever a win win for everyone.

I like seeing your rat pics, so please don't stop posting them.