View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 02:11 AM  
hcheffins
Newborn Pup

Default New hamster behaviours

Hello everyone!
Recently i adopted my first hamster, she’s a syrian and although she lost one of her eyes at a few days old, the breeder (a trustworthy one) took care of her well and she looks very healthy. I just wanted some reassurance that her behaviours are all good as i stress a lot, especially as she’s my first hamster and i want to treat her right. Soo i’ll list them and you guys can let me know what you think
- on her first night she waited till really really late to come out and she explored a little bit, went on her wheel and burrowed herself a nest. earlier that day she came out once or twice to pouch food
- she seems to be exploring more every night and last night she was very active! on her wheel for hours and when i got up there were footprints in her sand and i think she started another new burrow
- throughout the day i hear a quiet ’grinding’ noise sometimes and i think this may be her eating? someone might have to let me know on that one
- i started putting my hand in her cage a little bit and yesterday i offered her a little bit of spinach and after only a little hesitation she took it
- i spot her grooming a lot too, she likes to do it on her wheel or behind it

so yeah, some thoughts would be lovely! and does anyone know if calm music helps hamsters? i played a little bit quietly for her yesterday as i was offering her some food
hcheffins is offline   Reply With Quote