View Single Post
Old 02-08-2021, 04:25 PM  
Ollyrug
Newborn Pup

Default Re: 4 month old female syrian Hamster never happy

Hi,

I really hope that someone replies to this because we are having the exact same problem!

Me and my girlfriend adopted a hamster just after Christmas, we don’t know her exact age but we think around 3 months. She is a female Syrian we named Peach.

We bought her a good sized cage, the hamster heaven, with three different levels, she has lots of toys, three hides and lots to chew. However she is chewing the bars so much that we are worried for her teeth.

When we first had the cage she insisted on sleeping in the tubes and blocking herself in so we removed those and the penthouse.

We get her out every day either in the bath or free roaming in our hall where we can close all the doors so she cannot escape. When she’s free roaming or in the bath she always just scratches at the corners of the room trying to escape. It seems like no matter where she is she just wants to get out!

She’s not that tame yet, she lets us pet her in her cage but won’t let us handle her really.

We are feeling the exact same as you. We are at a loss on what else to do to make her happy and really need some advice on what we can try!
Ollyrug is offline   Reply With Quote