View Single Post
Old 02-07-2021, 02:48 AM  
Frodosmum
Newborn Pup

Default Using a hamster ball

Before anyone gets worried, I DO NOT use it for him to play in. I bought it and have been using it as a temporary means to transfer my Syrian from his cage to his play area. We are not yet on a touching/holding basis as I am taking things at a slow pace with him. I put a treat in there and he usually goes in alright and chills (Doesn’t scratch just snacks and waits) until I get him into his area in the next room. When I have to move him back into his cage it’s hard to get him to go back into the ball. I ended having to nudge him a little with the lid Into it, though as gently as I could it still scared him. I’m just trying to avoid picking him up with my hands yet since he doesn’t trust them. What do you guys use for transferring. I don’t want to have to keep using it if i have to scoot him in like that and freak him out. I would prefer to not man handle him if I can. Is there a better method of transferring? Just trying to be gentle and careful with him! Let me know what has been successful for you.
Frodosmum is offline   Reply With Quote