View Single Post
Old 02-05-2021, 01:39 PM  
Tommyshelby
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Hamster empties dish in a hour or two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi_78 View Post
Yes, he's probably storing it and it's normal. Especially when they're new and building up a hoard.

I have a hybrid dwarf (I saw from your other thread that's what you have) and I give her about a tablespoon of food a day. She is the same as yours in that she immediately hoards all her food. I scatter most of it over her bedding so that she has to search for it and this keeps her occupied for longer. I also feed her a dwarf hamster food from Rodipet as I find she enjoys the smaller seeds. The small seeds are harder for her to find in the bedding which again keeps her occupied. The pieces in Harry Hamster are quite large for a dwarf hamster.
That's good to know. I sometimes hide food around her enclosure, or in a Boredom breaker.
I plan on scattering a herb mix (any suggestions? ) once a week.

You're right the pieces in harry hamster are quite big.. I'll be keeping an eye on them and break the big pieces in half.

Thanks!

I forgot to ask. How do sprays work? Millet sprays, oat sprays, flax sprays, etc.
Can you leave a 1/4 of a millet spray in a cage for a week. Will the hamster devour it or will he eat it slowly?

Thanks!
Tommyshelby is offline   Reply With Quote