View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 06:21 PM  
BThuringer
Newborn Pup

Default Re: How often should I clean my hamster cage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaprincess View Post
Welcome!

Well my female Syrian hamster tends to pee in her sand bath and poop in her bedding in her nesting corner and food bowl! So I try to spot clean as best as I can but it’s pretty hard trying to clean all those poops up through all the bedding. I spot clean as best as I can, I spot clean areas of her sand baths and then freshen up her sand bath about once a week or every few days depending on how much it needs it. Even after trying to spot clean, when I do a big cage clean out about every 2-3 weeks, again depends how much it needs it, (whilst still keeping some of her old bedding in so it’s not too stressful for her) I still find lots of little poops in the bottom of the bedding. Don’t worry too much about it. When I got my hamster(which was not that long ago at all!) I was worrying about a lot of things like her safety, stress, teeth, free roaming etc you name it.I still worry a bit now and I’m not perfect but only human, we all are - remember that. We just want to give our little babies a great life but it’s easy to forget everyone makes mistakes. I know this is a bit of a ramble but I hope this helps
Great, thanks! I always worry about doing things wrong so I’m glad to know I’m not the only one
BThuringer is offline   Reply With Quote