View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 02:59 AM  
mmmolly
Newborn Pup

He usually wakes up at about midnight then goes to bed at around 4-5, pretty similar to yours. He has kinda got into the routine of then again waking up when I do in the morning and getting some treats. He is sometimes awake for a bit in the day but not too much. And the he usually will appear again in the evening which is when I'm starting to get him out of the cage.

I will try to wait until he is awake to change his bedding etc as I know I would want someone coming into my bed and moving it around.

He really enjoys carrots as veggie so I stick to that as his fresh treat, I think he's just a picky eater.

When I try to cup him to pick him up he just runs away but he is perfectly fine with walking onto my hands and letting me pick him up that way I just need to get a hang of the cupping method as im probably doing it wrong ( I have a lot of other pets but they're usually bigger then he is and im literally scared I will break him because he is so tiny)

Im trying to get him in some sort of routine that fits me. At the moment he wakes up when I do as im usually fixing up his cage from the mess he made in the night before. When he is awake in the morning is when I try to do his taming and he seems to have gotten used to me. In the evening is when I then fill his food up and he usually appears so I get him out for some playtime.

As for the cupping method im still trying with that, usually I got to put my hands in the cupping position and he runs away however he is fine with walking onto my hands and letting me pick him up that way. I just need to get the cupping method nailed down incase he runs off and I need to pick him up. Any advice on that?

Im not too sure what food he is on as its just in a tub but I will look into getting one of those brands.

I also have a question about sunflower seeds, at the moment they are his only treat and I am using them for taming, how many would you recommend giving him a day?

Last edited by souffle; 02-03-2021 at 06:59 AM.
mmmolly is offline   Reply With Quote