Thread: Chewing plastic
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 09:26 PM  
Monitarlizard
Newborn Pup

Exclamation Chewing plastic

Hi! I have a Russian dwarf hamster. Have had her for 6 days now. Over the last 3 or so days I’ve noticed she chews on the plastic tubing in her cage.

For reference she is in a diy bin cage that is roughly 34inx17inx12.5in. Not huge but the biggest I could fit in my space. She has several items that she could chew at the moment, including store bought wooden and mineral chews; loofa chew; large wooden bridge that doubles as one of her two hideouts; grassy teepee hide; two toilet paper rolls and a hay like ball thing. All these items she completely ignores and is instead chewing her plastic tubes

She also has a 6.5 in wheel that she barely uses as far as I can tell. It’s not too small either in fact I worried that it might be to big for her but she can move it.
I’ve been doing free roaming time in my bathroom hoping she’ll burn of some steam. I let her run around for 20ish minutes today. But still she chews the plastic. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by Monitarlizard; 02-02-2021 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Accidentally hit post, wasn’t done writing
Monitarlizard is offline   Reply With Quote