Thread: Rosie & Bloom
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2021, 04:35 PM  
AmityvilleHams
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Rosie & Bloom

They're on Higgins Sunburst rat food and seem to do pretty good on it. They could definitely stand to get extra protein in though which will hopefully get sorted fairly soon - even looking in decent condition I don't want to risk it any longer and I'm sure they'll enjoy being able to try new things anyways.

I can't pinpoint an exact age being pet store rats but I'm guessing they were probably around 6-8 weeks when I got them, so probably around that 10-12 week mark give or take.

Working with US cat & dog food options is a bit of a fun challenge for me. I know we have Applaws in some stores including Petco which I definitely want to pick up at least some options from, I'll probably check at least one local dog & cat food store too though later on for other options since they tend to have a decent variety of higher quality brands.

Other than the extra protein I'll definitely be trying to give extra fresh foods in general. I know that will be great for them nutritionally with all the extra natural vitamins and such in fresh veggies for example. At the moment I don't think there's much in the fridge in terms of fresh veggies except possibly carrots so if I can take some for the rats I will - after all I did tell them I'd try and get them some carrot at one point and I can't help but feel bad that I didn't with those sweet little faces just begging

I already fully intended to prepare healthier rat friendly versions of human food for them. That might get its own thread though if I do, at least for recipes and such. I'm sure my entire family will think I've gone insane if I start making elaborate snacks for the rats though!
AmityvilleHams is offline   Reply With Quote