View Single Post
Old 01-29-2021, 12:29 PM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Edwina went to the doctor's.

Edwina has a swelling on her upper chest and fur loss in that area. It's not a hard or firm lump more of a soft and movable mass/swelling.
The vet prescribed an anti inflammatory for a week to see if it makes any difference before looking into more invasive investigation at the animal hospital.

Edwina absolutely hates being held on her back and always has done. She wriggles like mad but never bites. Edwina expressed her displeasure by spitting the contents of her pouches on the vet.

Administering medication is a challenge. She doesn't like porridge or babyfood and prefers crunchy foods so i might try a cornflake. I tried via the syringe but holding her is the problem because of the swelling and i don't know how to scruff a hamster correctly so don't want to try that.
Henry grabbed the syringe with both paws and gobbled it up but Edwina needs a different approach.

I'm obviously very worried because at the moment we don't know what caused the swelling and what exactly it is. Edwina is only 14 months old so its not age related.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote