View Single Post
Old 01-29-2021, 11:36 AM  
Zedrobber
Hamster Pup

Default Ex-owner looking for cage advice

Hello! I haven't been active in the hamster world for a long while - I used to keep hamsters and had them in a Gabber Rex which, at the time, was considered an excellent size/cage for a Syrian at 71cm by 43cm and was very much sought after.
But that was years ago, and coming back, I've seen that now the general recommendation is around 80cm by 50cm or more.

I've been looking at various cage threads here to get a rough feel for what's good - but there's a lot of information and I'm still not really any closer to figuring out what's the best Syrian cage these days for a relatively inexpensive budget (Or one I can find secondhand online!) If anyone has like, two or three top brand/name recommendations that are perhaps similar to the Rex, that would be brilliant. I'm not really able to get materials to build a cage myself.

I should add that I haven't even considered actually getting a hamster again yet, haha - I was thinking about it and still have some decent toys/a wheel etc, but hadn't realised that my gabber rex would now be considered too small so want to be prepared as to what I'd need to re-start my hamster-keeping

EDITED to add: I'm in the UK.

Last edited by Zedrobber; 01-29-2021 at 11:53 AM.
Zedrobber is offline   Reply With Quote