View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 02:06 AM  
sammy87
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Spot cleaning - with a very shy hamster

I understand the mesh is recommend but with our going through a long story it was not possible at the time. As such we used drilled holes which follwoing recommendations and forums it would sufficient if a enough holes where put in.
The lid is absolutely covered in holes all about 2cm apart to keep box structure on the box part there a middle and top linear line of holes and then two section of wall had the same process as the lid. The holes are as big as i xould get aware with. As such i dont believe ventilation is an issue, persomally. My previous hamsters that have used the box have had no problems and there has never been a smell build up.
I have not had problems with chewing yet but i keep an eye on this.
Interested to what you have said in terms of full cage cleans amityvillehams. Do you mean that you keep part existing bedding or do you just remove a soiled bedding periodically.
In terms of sloping sides i had noticed that when trying to find the right box thankfully i managed to find the right brand that has little zlope less than 1cm likely for stacking. The measurements i gave are taking from the internal measurements.
sammy87 is offline   Reply With Quote