View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 03:03 PM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Spot cleaning - with a very shy hamster

Hamsters are very clean little animals and their poops isn't anything to worry about because they don't smell.
If your hamster pees in one corner, why do you not just clean that corner?
I know that its none of my business what or where you clean but i'm just plain curious now and a bit intrigued as well.
Gus lives in a good sized habitat with a good layer of substrate so how come he smells? I take it that you clean because it smells otherwise there wouldn't be any need to.

I used to make bin cages so i'm quite familiar with them. Does your bin cage have enough ventilation? They need a meshed lid and a meshed front window. I also added a back vent for extra airflow.
Where is the huge tube complex? I'm really interested in how you set it up.

The cage itself could be a problem for a nervous hamster because your hands are coming in from above. I found that with a very nervous rescue hamster who was living in my top opening cage. He did far better in a cage with a large front opening door because he could come out by himself.

It's like that with many hamster related topics. Opinions vary. I always think that a lot depends on the individual hamster.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote