View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 02:32 PM  
sammy87
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Spot cleaning - with a very shy hamster

I will usually clean out ever four weeks but to retain more of his existing bedding to keep his scent i decide to drop it to two weeks and only change half of his bedding. I can also then monitor how messy he is as all hamsters are different and some need more clearing out than others. My two robo hamster can definitely vouch for that; one was cleaniless to a high degree and the other was messy little thing.
His cage is a bin cage 50cm x 90cm i believe with 7inches substrate approximately with a huge tube complex.
His toilet is just a corner he likes to use which happy with but just a hard one to get to.

I feel i have jumped on a big issue here by accident looking at other posts. cleaning out hamsters and when to do it everyone has different opinions.

I think for now i will leave spot cleans and just clean two weekly changing half his bedding. Depending on how he reacts and how messy the cage is i will reassess. Hopefully he will become more relaxed and i can do little cleans often and big clean less oftens. Which woukd be better gor him.
sammy87 is offline   Reply With Quote