View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 05:29 AM  
mooncentral
Newborn Pup

Smile Re: Pets at home hamsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
Petsathome russian dwarfs are hybrids.

At the moment it's difficult to choose a hamster because they don't let you.
My dwarf Ozzy i call a lucky dip hamster because the shop girl put a cardboard box in the tank and whoever walked in went home with me. He is a recluse who doesn't want out of cage time or human contact.
My dwarf Edwina caught my eye so i put my hand in the tank. Her sibling bit me but Edwina climbed onto my hand so i took her home. She was tame and comfortable with humans the day i met her.
Hamsters personalities vary a lot, just like humans.
The rest of my hamsters are rescues.

If you or your friends get a hamster from someone who rescues and rehomes which i do myself from time to time, you would be able to find out beforehand what a hamster's personality is like.
I have currently a very friendly and tame dwarf so i will be able to pass on this information to people who apply to adopt. I will also be able to explain about the hamster's habits, what time she gets up and what she likes to do etc.

Hamsters from a petshop haven't been handled so the shop doesn't really know anything about them aside from what species they are.
Thank you for your reply,
Ah I see, this is their first hamster so they wanted to know as much info as they could.

Your saying they don't let you choose the hamster? Is it not like how it used to be where you could go to the hamster section and choose yourself. What was the process of adopting your hamster from pets at home?

Sorry for the crazy amount of questions I just want make sure my friend is fully prepared for what p@h have in store.
mooncentral is offline   Reply With Quote