Thread: Small cage
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 10:16 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Small cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooncentral View Post

Ill try not to worry, it’s just a lot of people have very strong opinions on cage sizes and say things like you have to have a 450 square inch cage and things like that. She seems happy right now so i will try not to worry as much
I use the Tiny Friends Farm Sand and have never had any issues with it.
Some people would say not to use this sand because its dusty in their opinion and to buy kiddies sand, wash it, sieve it, bake it to dry it but what a palaver when i can buy perfectly good sand in a tub.
Some people have very fixed and strong opinions about anything to do with hamsters and can knock your confidence, put doubt in your mind, bombard you with figures and measurements, especially on social media i was told but let your hamster be your guide.

You are willing to upgrade her cage should she show signs of stress and that's what's important. You give her out of cage time, you play with her, you care for her and you give her your time. Hamsters like that.

I have a dwarf who was not happy in a very large habitat and used to rush from hide to hide to get to his favourite wheel so i moved him and now that he has easy access to both of his wheels he's happier.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote