View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 09:56 PM  
fh746
Newborn Pup

Default Should I separate my Roborovskis?

Hi I’m not sure if this is where I ask this so apologies if it’s not.
I’ve had my robos about a month now and for the most part they get along fine and usually sleep in the same house together.
However, one of them seems to run away from the other quite a bit and they get into scuffles pretty regularly (usually over treats).
I’ve not seen any injuries on either of them so I don’t think it’s too serious but I’m still kind of worried.
The other issue is that the cage I have is quite big (H41 x W69.5 x D46cm) but not massive and there’s not really enough room for 2 wheels, water bottles and food bowls. I currently only have one of each of these for the 2 of them and I’m concerned that they’re maybe not getting enough exercise as only one of them can use it at a time and I can’t be sure that both of them are getting time on it.
I’m not sure if one of them is just more dominant (neither is overly aggressive though and both of them are tame) and if they’re better together or whether they’d be happier if I got them their own separate cages.
These are my first dwarf hamsters and I might just be worrying about nothing but I’d rather be safe.
Any advice would be very much appreciated, thank you :)
fh746 is offline   Reply With Quote