View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 02:38 PM  
timidLittleHamster
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Hello and help with hamster biting large cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maker View Post
First I would say relax

Weave some cardboard in and out of the bars for her. Use the hemp mat or straw hammocks as wall paper on the inside. I sew it on. Let her chew that.

But she may be picking up on you being stressed

Do this and make a shoebox house with one big room like suggested already then let her settle. Give her a couple of weeks with you relaxing about it and see what happens. The shoebox is good as it’s card and she can chew it

Scatter feed half her food, fill all the corners with stuff she can chew, cork logs, toilet roll tube. Basically give her chewable wall/bar coverings wherever you can. And then RELAX
Thank you Maker, those are all very good tips, I'll do that and see if anything changes. I'll try to destress, it just makes me very sad to see her sad or stressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
Could you possibly set up a free roaming area in a hall for example?
I did this yesterday evening, I wanted her to not feel confined so she had the whole living room to herself, I just blocked the hallway and a heater using the playpen panels. It worked all right, she walked quite a bit, I gave her seeds, a long cardboard tunnel, a carboard box, a bridge and her wheel but she only used the tunnel and the box. After some time she started scratching the panels so I put her back in her cage. She must have been tired because she sat for a few minutes on top of her house. Even so, she monkey barred the cage later on and tried to bite a new side of the cage.
timidLittleHamster is offline   Reply With Quote