View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 10:19 AM  
OCS97
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Rodipet LaOla Nagarium XXL vs JunglePets 120x50 hamster tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi_78 View Post
I have a custom made tank from Junglepets. They work out a lot cheaper than a new fish tank, though that's reflected in the quality. It does the job fine but the lid is a bit shoddily made and the glass sides not quite aligned etc.

I also have the Living World Eco Habitat for a pair of gerbils. I made it more chew proof by gluing acrylic sheets over the holes at the sides and gluing aluminium corner profiles to the corner posts. There is still the wooden rim at the top which my gerbils occasionally nibble at but it's quite a hard wood so hopefully will be fine for some time. The base also needs to be Plastikoted as although it has a shiny finish and looks like it should be water-proof, it is not. There is also an issue with the lid which is just wood with large gaps, so a determined hamster will definitely be able to chew out. I don't use the lid at all because I have a topper for my cage but you can staple mesh over the inside of the lid to make it chew and escape proof.

The LaOla cage has the same issue with the lid so would also need mesh stapled over it but other than that it seems quite good. I don't have one though.
I have just made the decision and ordered a 120x50x50 hamster tank from JunglePets. I can't risk my hamster really hurting himself any longer and the noise from biting is driving me insane. The LaOla looked really good and even though it said it was female syrians it wasn't suitable for, I just had visions of spending a lot of money and then him chewing out of it. He is a determined little thing. I can always get my dad to make another lid for me if the one it comes with isn't any good. But, what do you mean when you say the glass isn't aligned? Are there gaps in it?
OCS97 is offline   Reply With Quote