View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 03:52 AM  
SyrianNamedHarmony
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Please stay safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engel View Post
I've heard about that but have to be careful what I take as I have gastric issues.

I have a rare syndrome called Ehlers Danlos. You can Google it for more in depth info but in a nutshell it effects the connective tissues mainly. Like tendons and ligaments. Easiest way to think of it. Get a over used elastic band or hairband. Now get 2 pens. Line them up like your knee or elbow joint. Now try and attach the 2 without twisting or doubling up the elastic band. It will remain loose. Only way to tighten it is to make the band shorter. However, with use, it'll stretch out again, becoming loose.

It also effects anything with collagen in it. Now, for those who don't know what collagen is, its what allows bones to be strong without shattering and allows skin to be stretchy. Everything in the body has collagen. Organs, bones blood vessels. Everything. It's almost like my body has too much collagen so I'm very stretchy and flexible but this comes with the prices of extreme pain, dislocations, organ and blood issues....you get the idea.
So far this year I've had bulging discs, sciatica more times I can count, dislocated fingers, wrist, shoulder, elbow, knee and jaw.

Ive got to be very careful what I use on my skin and in my body. Shampoos (all but 2 and one is discontinued now) create lesions on my scalp. Soaps make my skin crack and bleed.

Essentially my body is a mess so I'm wary of what I have. Some swear by udder cream for inflammation. Tried it, had no effect. Paracetamol has very little effect but I use it when I'm desperate. Pregabalin had no effect on pain. Even local anaesthetic I'm tolerant to. Went for a filling and many injections later, I could still feel everything.

So yeh, thanks but no thanks.

Today's lesson on rare syndromes that you didn't ask for was bought to you by me, Engel. Sorry to waffle

Edit: by the way, I'm young, 21. This really shouldn't be happening my body yet in case anyone is wondering
Oh my gosh Engel I really thought I was the only one who had that! I'm so relieved to know that I'm not alone.
SyrianNamedHarmony is offline   Reply With Quote