Thread: Mistress Poppy
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 08:17 PM  
Rads
The Hamographer

Default Re: Mistress Poppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
Ah Poppy! That's the spirit. Maybe she's trying to tell you, no thanks, i don't need a vet.

I was in a similar situation with elderly Robo Gordon lately. Hadn't seen him for a while, food was untouched so decided to dig him out and was convinced that he was on his way out when i found him. He perked up again next day and now runs around rather than staggers about aimlessy like he did for a while. No idea what's going on aside from old age but it's not something a vet could fix and as long as he's not showing signs of pain i'll leave him undisturbed.
So I have been hand feeding Poppy with Cucumber, apple slices, Blueberries cut in half, some small pieces of baked salmon, it seemed the only way to keep her hydrated as she isn't one for the water bottle, I have also put a small bowl of water in her cage too, not that she would probably use it.

After three days of her doing virtually nothing and at times looking dead, tonight before I went to work, Poppy decided to come out of her house for the first time and waddled about a bit went to her food bowl climbed into it and promptly had a munch, filled up her pouches and waddle off to bed with a good amount of food to stash....

Poppy seems to be a fighter with a hard as nails spirit and good for her...
Rads is offline   Reply With Quote