View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 10:40 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Disturbing/checking a hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasmin_the_hamster View Post
Sure, but what if she gets sick? I read everywhere that hamsters can get sick and die very quickly, within 24 hours even.
That applies to every living being, human or animal.
Anybody can die quickly of a stroke or heart attack but going through life worrying about this could cause quite a bit of unnecessary anxiety.

Your hamster is still very young at only 10 weeks so will be more easily scared than an adult hamster and you wouldn't have had her for long so chances are that she is still settling in and trying to establish habits and routines.

They tend to come out more as they become older and more confident. Just because a hamster doesn't come out to play when you think she ought to doesn't mean that she is grumpy either.
Ask yourself this question. Are you always in the mood to play, entertain or keep company when someone else thinks you ought to be?
I know that i'm not and i would definitely be very grumpy if someone tried to wake me up by lifting my warm duvet to check that i'm alive and well.

Now, i'm an old lady with a dodgy ticker so the chances of me making a quick exit are far greater than your youngster of a hamster.

Try not to worry too much and enjoy your hamster but please do share your worries here because it does help to talk about it.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote