View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 09:05 AM  
Sophie M
Newborn Pup

Thumbs up Re: Hamster really skittish as soon as I touch his back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyrianNamedHarmony View Post
That's kind of weird, he comes and gets the food from your hand, but he seems totally freaked out when you touch him. Do you have a place where you could tame him? Like a taming cage or taming room or something? Maybe you should just leave him alone for a few days before trying to touch him again. Where did you get him? He might just have a bad back story and might just be scared of being touched by people. I recommend just giving him some more time time to adjust to his new home.
Yeah I agree its really bizarre. He is more than happy to sit and eat from my hand although when I touch his back lightly he goes completely psycho. He came from the pet store since we have no breeders or rescues that carry hamsters in my area other than the humane society that sadly has had no hamsters for months. I have heard of stories of pet mills hamsters being aggressive but he is more submissive if anything, even after the little freak attack he just sort of hits me with his paws to tell me to go away but he is never biting etc. I have a play pen which he does not care for but I have sort of an open concept house so the only space that I could think of is my bathroom. My past hamsters have loved the bath tub but it seems that this hamster is a lot different than the others. I have left him alone for about two days and I have just been putting the food in the bowl instead of hand feeding. Thank you so much for your help I really appreciate it!
Sophie M is offline   Reply With Quote