View Single Post
Old 01-05-2021, 03:54 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Back after a while away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post

Ria that is difficult. We had the same thing with our first hamster Charlie after leaving him with a pet sitter/multiple hamster owner when we were on holiday. He fell in love (ish). A female hamster who apparently used to escape and climb up his cage! He was completely bonkers when he came back and very stressed and didn't really settle down again until I did a full cage clean and used vinegar on the cage and bars (well rinsed off afterwards). I think he could still smell the female and missed her!
I think the girls scents are fading now. I let them freeroam (mistake) and the boys followed their scents. Was a bit of a pandemonium here for a while but they've calmed down.....a bit. I haven't taken in another female Syrian since and don't intent to either (until i see another sad little face nobody wants or can take in) but know people who can.
I've learnt from the experience though and would do things differently next time.

Sorry Vierville, didn't mean to hog your thread but ever since my boys got the scent of a woman they've gone a bit crazy!
Even glamour boy Rory who just used to pose and look good has become very active and gets mighty miffed when rival Rodney is running around on the floor and not him.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote