View Single Post
Old 12-26-2020, 05:09 AM  
Fragilicious
Newborn Pup

Default Playing or fighting.

I have 3 new russian dwarf hamsters from Pets at Home (which several posts have now enlightened me to that error). They're all girls, one (Stripe) is rather neutral in behaviour, the second (speedy) is very active and curious, and the third (pinky) is a bit of a fidgeter with bedding and has red eyes.

They have a huge cage, I read cm when it said inches and it has loads of room for running. They have a food bowl, water bottle, wheel, and little house each if they want their own time. However pinky seems to keep starting fights with the other two, especially speedy. These involve pinky trying to climb on top of, or get under her sibling.

With speedy it is a loud affair with lots of lout squeaking. Speedy immediately goes belly up and pinky starts rubbing and nibbling speedy's belly. After a few seconds they resume normal activity and appear to get along fine.

With Stripe its usually a quick few squeaks and some rolling and that's it. Although this morning they spent about 30 seconds silently wrestling each other. This involved several bouts of trying to climb on one another and was over a small abode which pinky favours.

I'm unsure if this is dangerous behaviour as they otherwise get on very well, and even as I type this they are all cuddling together in the same little house.

Additionally as I was typing this Speedy came out of bed, approached the food bowl, flipped onto her back unprovoked, then grabbed some more bedding material to take back to bed.

I've ordered a separate cage in case I need to get Pinky out of there but given the current time of year it won't arrive until Monday (two days away).

So whats going on here guys? Any advice?

TIA.
Fragilicious is offline   Reply With Quote