View Single Post
Old 12-22-2020, 11:18 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Moo has gone to the rainbow bridge

Farewell to my dear little Moo. He was a lovely gentle, friendly hamster. His passing has been expected really and I think he had already gone when I went to bed last night, after checking him a couple of times last night. He has been staying in his nest mostly for some time but had continued come out for his baby food and Metacam - and a bit of soft veg and food - right up until the night before he died. Although he always waited till I'd gone to bed before coming out for it so I haven't seen him much recently. This morning his baby food and metacam was untouched.

I had just begun to think we might need a vet visit.

The last time I saw him he came over to the cage door all happy and friendly but then turned to go back in his house. I think that was his goodbye.

I buried him in the garden this afternoon and have put a big pile of stones on top, a wire fireguard round it and lots of evergreen berberis with orange berries on top - no flowers outdoors at this time of year. It looks like a fitting tribute. The stones and fireguard will be removed in a few weeks - they're to protect his resting place for now from cats etc.

Here he is - from the time he came to us at a year old, to recently in October , just before he started to decline.

I miss him already - even though it felt like he had already left a few days ago. He was unconscious last night.

Attachment 51767

Attachment 51768

Attachment 51769

Last edited by Pebbles82; 11-27-2022 at 06:56 PM.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote