View Single Post
Old 12-18-2020, 12:49 PM  
NibblesTheHam
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Where did you get your first hamster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miiko View Post
I got my first hamster when I was about 8 years old (the name was Emily) and at that time I had no clue about hamster care and that they needed lots of necessities. I bought (this was the time I was saving money for a small pet) a Syrian hamster at Petco, bought a small cage, and pellet food. The Petco worker said it was a year old (to be quite honest, I thought hamsters lived long like how dogs do, but I was wrong.) I didn't do any research at all.
Now I'm looking back at those times and regretting what I did. Thank goodness that I'm learning more about hamsters on hamster central. Everyone is so helpful and knowledgeable. Thank you so much everyone.

Sincerely,
Miiko
I had a similar experience to you, only I did a small amount of research, but still managed to avoid any good information. Lemon Drop, (My first hamster) was from PetSmart, same as my current hamster, Nibbles, because only after I got Nibbles did I realize everything I was doing wrong. I'm just glad that Nibbles can be happy for at least some of his life.
NibblesTheHam is offline   Reply With Quote