View Single Post
Old 12-08-2020, 07:18 PM  
Margaret the dwarf
Hamster Pup

Default Re: bleeding syrian hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamaya View Post
my Syrian hamster(Jasmine) is 1 year and 10 months old. She is the sweetest little thing you would ever meet and has never once gotten sick. Today, out of the blue she started bleeding from her vaginal opening. we immediately took her to the vet because we were so shocked as she showed no symptoms of being sick or acting lethargic. We were told that it is likely to a tumor in one of the reproductive parts in her body but that was just a speculation. we were given antibiotics and sent home. She is getting an x-ray on Wednesday to see what's really up. do you guys have any ideas of anything else it could be that's making her bleed and foods that can help heal her or clot the bleeding since she is still bleeding quite a bit? also, should we be worried about dehydration since she is bleeding( btw she's eating, drinking water, peeing, and pooping well)
thanks for any tips!
Following, my syrian started doing the exact same thing on Nov 18th. We took her to vet and she was given antibiotics. It went away for 2weeks but now came back today. So we are in same boat as you. Please keep me updated. I am calling vet in morning.
Margaret the dwarf is offline   Reply With Quote