View Single Post
Old 12-07-2020, 04:27 PM  
brieshamsters
Hamster Pup

Default Fork’s Thread!

My boy is getting up there in age so i decided to make a thread for him to share pictures and health updates as he has been needing more and more frequent vet visits. He is very near and dear to my heart and I hope you all will like seeing his photos! https://ibb.co/KL2h2SV here he is when he was much younger

Fork came to me in a rather unfortunate circumstance as he was offered to me by an acquaintance who said she couldn’t care for him anymore. There turned out to be much more to the story than this. Her sister had bought two hamsters while she was away at college but was told she couldn’t keep them in her dorm so she gave them to her little sister. These little guys that were supposedly brothers were actually male and female and the female quickly gave birth to pups. The girl didn’t know what to do so she left all the hamsters alone and the pups were culled overnight. As you all can expect, there were more litters (she did not specify how many) and eventually the mother and all but one baby passed away. Fork was separated from the remaining baby and put in a hamster ball for an unknown amount of time until he came to me.

I fostered his daughter who i named Peanut a few months later when the same girl wanted to rehome her as well. She was absolutely terrified and screamed constantly any time she saw me near her cage. She was rehomed to a patient adult owner with a quiet household where she is much more comfortable and has been there for about a year now.

Fork taught me so much about hamster care and i’m so glad he’s made it to 2.5 years old! I love my little old man so much and i’m glad he is now out of that situation and living his retirement peacefully with me

sorry for the long post!
brieshamsters is offline   Reply With Quote