View Single Post
Old 12-07-2020, 04:00 AM  
Petite
Senior Hamster

Default Re: Whimzees and walnuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaTheHamster1 View Post
Petite, I guess it depends on the size of a whimzee. Because you can get really tiny ones or really large ones.
I have a robo and I wasn't sure with him, I gave him a large hedgehog one and he has just been nibbling bits at a time for a month. If that had been all he ate I would have removed it. I have also given him 1 walnut.
I also keep an eye on my hamsters weights, which give me an indication of what is going on food wise and health wise.
I bought the "extra small" whimzees. The next day it had disappeared - I imagine she had carried it off to her nest as a Very Special Treasure. I haven't checked yet to see if any of it is still there - I try not to disturb her nest as if I do, she stops using her house, and I would rather she was tucked up snug and safe as the days get colder. Most of her other food still disappears apart from one type of biscuit that she always ignores. (She's always been quite happy with Harry Hamster, but I have a dwarf-specific mix on order from Rodipet for her to try.)
Our attempts at weighing her haven't been too successful - she is very resourceful! However, we will have to try it again. As far as walnuts are concerned, I will just give her a piece very occasionally.
Many thanks for all the replies - this feedback is really helpful.
Petite is offline   Reply With Quote