Thread: Mistress Poppy
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 04:47 PM  
Rads
The Hamographer

Default Re: Mistress Poppy

I can safely say I think that Poppy is in her dotage, we got her in May 2019 and was unsure of her age, given her size we guessed at least 3 if not 4 months old so she is a good 20 months old, nowadays she eats, sleeps and pees a lot in her sand bath, her weight is good last week she was a healthy 297 grams, she was out and about in her cage earlier this evening and she joined us on the sofa Mrs R put a bit of her fleece blanket o er Poppy who happily sat there looking like a little old lady in a shawl, there is a shot of her on her Instagram page, would post on here but never seems to work. Poppy builds the most enormous nests too and often all that can be seen from her mound of bedding is a little sniffy nose. Of all the Hamsters we have had there is just something very special about this little girl, when she has gone it may be the last one we have as working nights the human animal interaction will be slight and unfair to the creature.
Rads is offline   Reply With Quote