View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 02:58 AM  
Lizchewy
Hamster Pup

Default Chewbacca's thread

Hello. I thought I would start a thread for Chewbacca (Chewy). I have posted about him on other threads but might be simpler for him to have his own thread. He is a 5 and half months old black eyed cream syrian. We got him 10 weeks ago from an adoption centre. He had been rescued by a charity and his sign said he hadnt been properly looked after. He is my 9 year old sons hamster but obviously I am his main caretaker. We brought him home as a shaky, jumpy little thing who was terrified of my OH (previous owner male). He lives in the Savic Plaza with us. Ha ha that sounds like we are in their too! He took quite a while to settle but has now settled in to a lovely routine of coming out for 45 minutes to an hour in his playpen every morning before the school run. He is so active playing with his toys and tunnels and the kids stroke him whilst he eats his porridge and plays. My OH has been desperate for Chewy to like him and over the 10 weeks, Chewy has gone from hiding each time my OH comes in to the room to actually climbing on to his hand (even with no food on it) and having a good nibble and lick of his fingers. The kids love him, we all do. His new 12 inch silent runner has arrived and I'll be adding that to his home soon. I was going to take out his 12 inch flying saucer but as he uses it a lot and washes in it I may see if I can fit both wheels in as I dont want to upset him now he is settled . I haven't got many pics yet as its quite busy in this house! But I may have a blurry one i can post for now and I'll really try and make the time to take more. Ok apologies as the attached pic has already been posted on another thread but I will take more soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201105_210729.jpg (3.64 MB, 20 views)
Lizchewy is offline   Reply With Quote