View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 05:37 PM  
Lizchewy
Hamster Pup

Default Re: my hamster wakes up really late pls help:(

Hello. I do feel for you wanting to spend time with your hamster who only wakes at unsuitable times for you. When we first got our hamster I made myself really really tired waiting up all night for him and then even when he did come out he just kind of slept in the playpen and I had to put him back and I worried about him a lot. Later I realised he was very active in the mornings so I started getting him out about 7.30 for an hour every morning before the school run and he seems to love that playing and eating his porridge. Is there any chance you could go to bed yourself a bit earlier say 9.30pm and then get up a bit earlier say 6am and try getting him out then for half hour if he is active then? Then you would still get decent sleep and get to see him at a time that suits him? I refresh my hamsters food bowl around 4pm and I always shake it a bit so he can hear it. He usually comes out to investigate and I can give him a stroke then. If 6.30am is not suitable for you, maybe try shaking his food bowl when you refresh his food and if he comes out to investigate give him a little stroke and see if he will come out for a short time. I'm not an expert at all as I've only had our hamster a few months I just dont want you to get over tired and stressed like I did, you need your sleep as well as the hamster. I'm sure you will eventually get in to a rhythm that works for you both.
Lizchewy is offline   Reply With Quote