Thread: My gerbils
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 03:48 PM  
sushi_78
Hamster Overlord

Default Re: My gerbils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Maris View Post
Those gerbils are working hard, all right! I hope they get overtime pay!

I'm planning to get a pair of boys myself when I can. It'll be nice to have someone to relate to other than my sleepy Syrian (hamster, that is, haha).
I've read that gerbils are often up during the day, and are more interested in interacting with their humans than hamsters.

Since you have four of them, I guess you enjoy their company....
Yes, gerbils can destroy some toys in minutes, and I'm never quite sure whether that means they really loved them or really hated them. I call my gerbil tanks the recycling bins because that's where our paper and cardboard goes, and once shredded up it's free bedding.

I do love gerbils, yes! Hamsters offer something different though. They each have their merits. Whether an individual hamster or gerbil likes human interaction comes down to individual variation much more than species really.

Gerbils can be active at any time of day or night. They're metaturnal which means they have sporadic periods of activity throughout the day and night and don't have much of a circadian rhythm. They can adapt to any routine quite easily.

If you have any questions about gerbils I'd be happy to help where I can. They're delightful creatures!
sushi_78 is offline   Reply With Quote