View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 07:54 AM  
Hammy_pie
Newborn Pup

Default Help for Hammypie

Hello All. I first came to Hamster Central last December when I brought Hammypie home. She is a Syrian from Petco. I immediately found out here that I needed to get a much bigger home than was recommended at the pet store, and so much more good advice from folks here. Hammy_pie has brought so much joy to my life. The pet store could not tell me how old she was, but she clearly wasn't a little baby. I've noticed recently that my little fluffier is changing. She doesn't run on her wheel like she used to (crazy fast and all night long), she is a bit more picky with her food and treats, though she still forrages, eats and drinks her water. Her hair is a bit duller and she isn't as interested in her bathing sand to clean in, but just uses it as a bathroom now. She still takes treats from my hand and seems in good health, but sleeps and sleeps. I don't see her like I used to. Was like clockwork, 8:30 every night she'd come out for exercise. No more. All this is to say, I've read some articles and apparently these are signs of an aging hamster. I've read some Syrians don't make it to their second birthday. I am thinking she must have been older than presumed when I bought her. I guess I'm just asking for ideas, comments & support. Hammypie might live for a long while. I'm scared to lose her, this year I've had her has flown by. It just seems too soon. Thank-you for any words of wisdom you have to offer. This is my first Hammy and I want to make her whole life the best it can be.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0_20200807_204403_HDR.jpg (291.7 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by Hammy_pie; 11-27-2020 at 08:18 AM.
Hammy_pie is offline   Reply With Quote