View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 11:39 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: I'm really stuck on what to do for Chewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizchewy View Post
Ok so Chewy came out again this morning and had a lovely play and his first porridge and a big old stroke which was lovely. My OH kept an eye on him with the kids whilst I had a speedy look for the wee spot. All corners of cage dry, food stash in house stinky with wee underneath. So I scooped it out and replaced with fresh food. Can I do this once a week? Or does it have to be more often if he sleeps where he wees? Thank you.
Our Syrian Rory is a lazy hamster who always pees inside his house but never in his nest. I got the S size Rodipet ceramic corner toilet and put it in that corner of his house. He keeps a hoard underneath his toilet which i leave alone as much as possible and some he chucks in his toilet. About once a week or when i can smell it, i lift the roof off his house while he's in his coconut, lift the toilet out to clean it and put it back in with a little woodchips in it. He watches me doing that and seems to be fine with it.
The rest of his substrate is Kaytee clean and cozy which stays clean because he won't pee anywhere else.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote