View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 05:28 PM  
SRP
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Need help and advice!

Update:
https://imgur.com/a/qQF3Mwf

This is the condition of his skin so far, some scabs on both sides of his face and bottom left too, this is his bottom right, the worst of it, it has somewhat improved, less fluid now. But it seems to be annoying him more now that it's getting better, as he tries to scratch it more.

Stopping him physically seems to somewhat work, after some protest he'll give up, but that requires watching him around the clock.

Haven't got around to trying the evening primrose oil yet, found one by Blackmores, not sure if that one is okay.

He seems to sleep the longest without scratching when he is being pet, which is what I've been doing to stop him. Tried asking the vet just to see if by some chance he may have something, but he only wants us to bring him in to check, when asked what he wants to check for, he said to check the fur, for infection. So I prefer if we didn't have to since it stresses him out, the last time his skin/fur was checked (somewhere last year I think) there was no mites.

Would the oil help soothe his itching or can something else be used? Since the vet isn't very useful, and as of now, human contact seems to be the only thing that soothes him enough from scratching.

Also took a look at his nails, it's less than a millimetre from the pink part inside, don't think I dare try as it might hurt him.
SRP is offline   Reply With Quote