View Single Post
Old 11-16-2020, 02:56 PM  
LunaTheHamster1
Cosmic Hamsters

Default Re: Robo questions re food and taming

Thanks Ria,

FOOD

I will go back to what I was doing.
I had totally forgotten about shrimp cookies, I will get some ordered. I have tried dried shrimps, Suki had a nibble but would take a day or two for them to disappear, Twinkle and Comet just leave them.
He will sit and eat/pouch all the sprays as soon as I put them in, so I may need to limit them.

This is a stupid question, I have sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds for my own consumption, will they be ok for the hamsters? They are organic, raw... yes I'm being an idiot now, surely they will be fine.

Oh I might do main food mix in the morning and then do the other stuff in the evening so keeps him busy, rather than he takes it all in one go. He's up and about several times during the day looking for food.

TAMING

I think it's just with all my Syrians they have been tamable and liked out the cage time so I think I was worried that I was pushing Comet too much too soon and that he would never be happy with more than what he already does now. I'm not getting him out the cage at the moment so I think I will just continue with what I am doing and see if he gets tamer.
Any tips re the nibbling of the hands, or is that what robos do - I seem to have read a lot about that. He's not vicious, just trying to work things out I think.