Thread: rate my cage?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 08:54 PM  
brieshamsters
Hamster Pup

Default Re: rate my cage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
It looks fantastic! Lucky hamster. Agree with Luna that more floor stuff can be good but done depends on the hamster’s personality. If they are quite confident and gregarious they may be happy just as things are but a shy or nervous hamster may feel a bit exposed. If I was to change anything it would be to add a platform- which would mean moving one of the houses along so it could go at one end. That would also achieve filling the space up more as the house would be further over and the platform would provide overhead cover for security- it also gives then somewhere else to go and a place to put heavier items - eg a sand bath or food bowl. They often like a shelf to sit on to have a wash as well.
thank you, she’s very confident! i’ve had her about a month and a half and while she isn’t fully tamed, she isn’t skittish at all and doesn’t ever run away or hide from me luckily ! she does like to run right up to me expecting a treat when i open her cage lid but she nips me quite hard if i leave her to explore my hand. thank you for the tips!
brieshamsters is offline   Reply With Quote