View Single Post
Old 11-10-2020, 11:53 AM  
envidianthine
Newborn Pup

Unhappy Hamster squeaking while in his hide?

Hi everyone, me again!

I've had my Syrian hamster, Ezio, for almost a week now. He's eating, drinking, sleeping, running on his wheel, digging, going to the bathroom... all of that seems completely fine and normal. However, today he's been squeaking up a storm while he's in his hide. I can't see what's going on in there, but I did manage to film a quick video recording the squeaks. I've uploaded it to Streamable so hopefully you all can view it: https://streamable.com/hgtkcj

Outside of his hide, he does also squeak occasionally, but not this intense/often. I haven't started taming/handling him yet, so I can't exactly just pick him up and look him over. But what I can see while he's outside of his hide is that he seems completely fine. Nothing out of the ordinary.

I've been a bit frightened by all the information out there regarding hamster noises, as a lot of people say that hamsters only make noise when they're afraid/in pain/angry/etc., so now I'm really worried about whether something's wrong with my little hammie.

I'm really interesting in hearing your opinions and advice! Thank you in advance!
envidianthine is offline   Reply With Quote