View Single Post
Old 11-09-2020, 11:02 PM  
hamsterholder
Newborn Pup

Unhappy Hamster dead or hibernating

I’m not sure where to go with this, I made an account here on impulse. I’ve had my black teddy bear syrian for about a year now, and I’ve only just recently discovered they can go into hybernation ive been doing research for everything but didn’t think about this. Last night before I went to bed he was laying down on top of his bedding, I gave him one of his treats and he nibbled on it and then put his paw on my finger, I thought he was fine. When I woke up he was in the same position, I poked him but he was still so I picked him up and held him in my hand for awhile. I figured he was just hibernating so I left him be for a few hours. I got kind of worried about it and came back to check on him and stared at him for a couple minutes to see if he was breathing. I didn’t know if it was because I was stressed but I couldn’t see anything, I tried feeling and hearing his heartbeat but nothing. I put him wrapped up on a pet heated blanket for over and hour and nothing. His whiskers don’t twitch like some people said, and his under paws look white. I’m not sure if it’s always been there but under his nails it’s slightly red on each. I also found poop and bedding stuck to his butt with pee. Is he dead...? I don’t know what happened I dont want to bury him if he’s alive and can wake up. I’m so sad please help
hamsterholder is offline   Reply With Quote