View Single Post
Old 11-09-2020, 01:58 AM  
Earthy1
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Likes his playground more then the cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashy View Post
So I wonder, should I just let him live in the playground and put a box with bedding in? Now he does have carpet in the bottom at the playground.

When I takes him up from the playground and put him in the cage, he does look a little confused and starts to trying to climb at the glass.
I did this too until my hamster discovered that she could chew thru the cardboard box that was the barrier to keeping her away from the walls/cables! I was in the process of major cleaning her cage so instead of making her go back to it right away, she seemed content and happy to stay in her playpen and sleep...and it seemed like she was happier there. She had spent many nights free roaming and not biting the box and only exploring the designated areas with supervision.

But alas sleeping in gave her enough time to find the weak spot and she chewed her way to the other side of the barrier I had set up and she chewed wallpaper off the walls, got into the fish food bag...needless to say it was a MESS to cleanup. Glad she didn't get to the power cords. She promptly went into her newly designed and cleaned cage... to enjoy it in there for a few nights as she was arranging/engineering things to her liking! When I called to her for play time, she just stayed bunkered down and did not want to come out! I could hear her shuffling around in her new hide and she had been coming up for food and water, so I think it was fine.

I learned that playpens are just obstacles to be broken out of, no matter how 'chill' we think the hamsters are!
Earthy1 is offline   Reply With Quote