Thread: Artemis' thread
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2020, 06:13 PM  
chesca_27
PM Fluffy for custom title

Smile Re: Artemis' thread

I feel bad I never really posted much about Artemis, so I’m finally going to update her thread. She’s now around 2 years and 8/9 months so she’s now very old. She still comes out her nest quite a lot and I see her almost every day that I’m at my dads. However she does look pretty frail these days - she’s lost a lot of weight and looks quite thin. I’ve been supplementing her with a bit of baby food and porridge but she doesn’t seem nearly as interested in her seed mix as she used to be. Also I swear there was a really in-depth thread about different baby foods that were safe and I can’t seem to find it anywhere - anyone know what happened to it or can send me a link?

I went a bit crazy in Boots and bought 4 different Ellas Kitchen baby foods but i wanted to double check here that they’re safe. I got the carrots and peas ones, which I know are fine. I know carrots are high in sugar and she’s a hybrid, but she’s so old I’d rather she had a good quality of life with a bit of variety. Then there’s the other two baby food which I’m not so sure about (the selection near my dads house it atrocious for rodents compared to my mums). There’s a macaroni cheese and basil baby food which I’m pretty sure it’s fine, I’m just not sure about the basil so I wanted to double check and the banana baby brekkie which I’m sure I’ve heard people say they use on the forum before, I just can’t remember. So if someone could double check them for me, that would be appreciated. I’m gonna see if I can get some better ones when I’m back at my mums, so if there’s any small pouches of baby food that you can recommend for Artie, again I’d appreciate it.

She’s not as interested at coming out of her cage anymore, so I kinda just get her out for a quick pet and check over. I still hear her drinking from her bottle and she still runs on her wheel, albeit much slower these days and not for very long. She also seems to trip over her bedding quite a lot .

She’s my little spoiled princess and I hate to see her getting old, although she’s lived a very long life and to be honest, has made it longer than I thought she would. I love her so much and I’m so grateful to have got to spend so much extra time with her in lockdown.

I don’t think I have anything else to add, except I kinda miss being on here and that I wanna make more time for it, even if it’s just to update my own threads. I guess without further ado I’ll finally post pictures of my spoiled brat (it’s only taken 2 years). The most recent good picture I have of her drinking from her bottle a couple weeks ago, but I’m gonna see if I can find my oldest pic of her.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (3.67 MB, 15 views)