View Single Post
Old 10-15-2020, 04:22 AM  
Shadow Cat
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Sleeping in unusual places

I last spot cleaned one of the houses probably 2 days ago. I don't spot clean every day, though I admit I'm unsure of how often you should clean their nests when they pee in there. I don't spot clean both houses on the same day ever, I alternate every few days so one always smells as she would expect.

Neither house has a base. One of them is ceramic and quite heavy so I place it on the base of the cage as I'm worried it might hurt her if I put it on top of the bedding and she tries to tunnel underneath. The other is the house that comes with the Barney cage, it's quite large and deep and also filled with bedding.

She was running on her wheel last night.

I was going to do a full cage clean tonight (well, not full. I know to mix some old bedding with the new to not stress them out) as it's been a few months since I did a deep clean but perhaps I shouldn't in case she is already stressed for some reason.

I'm probbaly worrying for no reason. They're odd little creatures, hamsters! Half the time I don't understand what she's doing or why!
Shadow Cat is offline   Reply With Quote